Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Awkward night: Call of Duty

So yesterday I went to Phoenix to hang out with one of my best friends.
First of all, I was shocked that my parents let me drive 120 miles alone. But that's beside the fact.

I was planning on spending the night, but the same night was his friends birthday party. I didn't want to just stay there for a few hours, so I went to the party with him. I thought it was going to be a fun party where everyone was laughing and having a good happy time, I was mistaken. We walked into the garage where I imagined there would be 15 jolly teenagers eating pizza and listening to music, but saw 4 guys sitting there playing Call of Duty instead.

*a little background information:
I don't play video games.
I haven't touched a Playstation for over 3 years.
I have never seen someone play Call of Duty.
I knew none of these people.

So Jake and I sat down on a couple of lawn chairs, then out of no where, a controller appeared in my hands. First thing out of my mouth, "What do I do?" After 12 minutes of getting killed over and over again, I put set the controller down and laid out my sleeping bag. Such a great way to start off the night.

Looking at my phone, I realized that I still had 14 hours left in that dark, dirty, muggy garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment